Hello and welcome to my blog site Sports and Fitness coaching.
Here are some fitness hacks that will save you time and money:
- If you don’t have a fitness mat, then use a bath towel instead. Just make sure you lay it flat and the floor you are going to use it on is clean and free of clutter
- Train barefoot. I often will indoors train barefoot, rather than training with socks or trainers on, as I find with wooden flooring particular there isn’t much of a grip but there is when training barefoot, and if you are going to a sandy beach and running then it is great to do a run barefoot, just be careful of rocks and clutter on the floor. Keep area clean to prevent any injuries from occurring
- Have mat, weights and exercise clothes already laid out, if your bedroom is big enough beside your bed or in living room, and get up and put your fitness clothes on straight away before you feel like not doing any and before you change your mind
- When going swimming already have your swimming costume on underneath your non swimming clothes so all you need to do is strip off, lock items in a locker and be ready to have a swim
- Buy a phone cover with a card holder inside. I love having this in my phone so when I do my walking outside I am not carrying too much and have all my cards with me, and sometimes have the odd bit of cash just in case the store I may go into afterwards doesn’t take card
- If you don’t have a pedometer then download a health APP on your phone, which is completely free and will measure your daily step count. You can also share it on your social media accounts to help keep track of the number of steps you do. I love mine and use it daily
- Download the 7 minute workout APP, I do like these APPs and have used it on all my phones I have had to help me exercise even if it is for 7 minutes it still counts
- Use google calendar to schedule your daily fitness training. I use google calendar all the time and its great because you can take it and check it wherever you go and again is completely free to use
- Take a skipping rope with you and skip in the garden, indoors or in the park. I often used to do this when I first began to keep fit, and I often see a bloke do this in my local park in Wimbledon and is a great way to stay fit and exercise your arms and legs
- Buy fitness clothes with zipped pockets as they are great for holding your phone and keys especially if you are a runner, and you can also take a little bit of money if you want to pick up a bottle of water on the way. I always look for zipped pockets on fitness clothes as they are a lifesaver
If you have any further tips then please do share below, and if you would like to read more of my blogs on this site then please follow me via WordPress.com, for updates.
When training outdoors remember suncream especially if training during the day when the weather can be extremely hot and stay hydrated at all times.
Many thanks for reading,